Dragaera

A Vlad reference in an unexpected place.

FRIEDA2133 at aol.com FRIEDA2133 at aol.com
Sun Oct 10 20:06:19 PDT 2004

On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 03:52:32PM -0400, FRIEDA2133 at aol.com wrote:
> And maybe only Steven Brust knows where Dzur will fit exactly into
> the chronological order.

Jot Powers wrote on Sun, 3 Oct 2004 20:53:09 -0700

>We don't let that stop us from speculating.

>If I were going to lay money I'd guess it happens before _Orca_ and
>after _Phoenix_.

>I believe we'll find out here how Vlad came to lose a finger.  His
>different accounts make the most sense if he was facing a Dzurlord.
>(Weapons and sorcery are both cited.  Text refs left as an exercise
>to the reader  :)

Hi,

Might be.  As long as we are speculating. How about before Jhereg?
Jhereg paperback page 62.  The Book of Jhereg, Jhereg page 46:

"The Dzur hero, coming along to Dzur mountain, sees Sethra Lavode
stand up before him, Iceflame alive in her hand."

Let's see, if Dzur is anything like Dragon, it will be before Jhereg, after
Yendi, before Yendi, after Dragon, before Dragon, in the middle
of Dragon, in the middle of Taltos, before Taltos and after
Taltos.  Head hurt just thinking about it.

Bye.

Linda G.