Dragaera

New/old crack...

Thu Oct 28 08:19:07 PDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 10:03:49AM -0400, Bato001 at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 10/28/2004 4:28:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> shadowman1968 at earthlink.net writes:
> Steven is a great story teller but he tends to get inconsistent or changes
> things.
> I think the full story of how Vlad gets spellbreaker is in Taltos. I just
> finished rereading
> it. I don't mean to be rude but he also states in that book that Morrolan

What?!?!?  I'm insluted [1].  Ok, not really....:)

> is there when
> Zerika is going down the falls but later in the Paths of the Dead M. isn't
> in the same
> general area. when she descends.
> There has been discussions on the list that these inconsistancies are
> intentional and part of future plot lines. I tend to agree with this. Also you have
> to keep in mind that Vlad stretches the truth (is a liar) and never tells the
> same story twice.

So, I checked my copy of Teckla and it matches the "or was it the
paths of the dead" portion, so I suppose it could be that it isn't a
crack.    I may have to start talking into a shiny box.  :)

I do however see a difference between that and the Morollan/Zerika/PotD
stuff.  The Spellbreaker one was before this list and I suspect a lot
of his fans were around.  The M/Z/P was written AFTERWARDS and I believe
Steven has intimated that he left that inconsistency in on purpose.  After
all, he could have fixed it when he wrote the whole Viscount book, but
he chose not to.

I suppose he would give us is stock reply for this:

"Tee hee"

-Jot

[1] No, not a typo.  :)
--