Dragaera

Dragaeran dreams, also Hungarian gray

Wed Nov 10 13:28:37 PST 2004

Howard Brazee wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:13:14 -0500, J A 'Dusty' Sayers
> <dustysayers at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> And one of the colours of House Jhereg (and, as far as I know, the
>> only  colour that's unique to them--I don't know of any other house
>> that uses  grey, although Dzur and Dragon (and perhaps others that I
>> have forgotten  or that have not been mentioned) use black).
>

> How many houses do we have more than a passing acquaintance of?
>
> It would be neat if someone had a web-site that kept a list of known
> and  suspected attributes of the various houses and species.

It turns out that there is:

http://www.speakeasy.org/~mamandel/Cracks-and-Shards/characteristics.html

I was just too lazy to check it earlier.  It lists the colours of 13
houses (counting Yendi's intentional lack of distinguishing colours
among those 13), none of which use grey except the Jhereg--although some
of the four houses without listed colours certainly might.

Besides this neat little page, Dr Mandel's Cracks and Shards entire web
site is very handy--possibly the best Dragaera page out there, although
there are other good ones as well (I love the pronunciation guide on
http://dragaera.info/ ).

--
J A Dusty Sayers

Home Page http://www.sayersnet.com/~dusty/
Rescue the Princess http://www.sayersnet.com/~dusty/rescue/

'Creatures are not born with desires unless satisfaction for those desires exists. A baby feels hunger: well, there is such a thing as food. A duckling wants to swim: well, there is such a thing as water. Men feel sexual desire: well, there is such a thing as sex. If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.'
     --C S Lewis