Dragaera

questions about Paarfi

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Wed Jan 12 04:55:27 PST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Jose Marquez [mailto:jhereg69 at earthlink.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 10:10 PM
To: Dragaera
Subject: Re: questions about Paarfi

Steve Simmons wrote:

He means Lavode. You've never read Philip's theory that Sethra is
Paarfi? I think if the archives are searchable by author and you search
for Sethra, Lavode, Paarfi and Mario, you should get Philip's very
clever line of conjecture unmasking Paarfi as a puppet of Sethra's, or
maybe a figment of her imagination. Although I don't buy it completely,
it's still one of my favorite theories on this list.

The thing about this theory is that it means that Paarfi's writing style is
a game, like Brust's.  I like it better if Paarfi was deadly serious with
his style.