Dragaera

House Pictures

FRIEDA2133 at aol.com FRIEDA2133 at aol.com
Wed Jan 12 19:04:08 PST 2005

Hi everyone and Rion,

I was not going to mention this addition but maybe it helps.

Addition to tsalmoth:

"I recommend the tsalmoth in garlic butter."

The Book of Jhereg, Jhereg, Chapter 8, page 70

Also on http://dragaera.info/links/

If you click on Phoenix's Steven Brust fan page
and click on Those wacky animals.
you go to
http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~phoenix/brust/animals.html

which list seems mostly the same as
http://www.mojoworld.net/sil/treats/dzurlordintro.html
except that the tsalmoth entry has the addition of
tree-dwelling turtle.

'Tsalmoth: somewhat bearlike (of course, I find it hard to relate
this to tree-dwelling turtles) - is known for unpredictability and
tenacity.'

Does anyone remember Steven Brust ever mentioning tree-dwelling
turtles?

Do oysters, snails and turtles go with garlic butter?

Bye.

Linda G.
                                                      Tsalmoth
                      "Tsalmoth maintains though none knows how".

"Loiosh woke up with a start, looked around, and jumped down from my
shoulder. He began working on the remains of my tsalmoth ribs"

The Book of Jhereg, Jhereg, Chapter 6, page 50

"I recommend the tsalmoth in garlic butter."

The Book of Jhereg, Jhereg, Chapter 8, page 70

Internet mentions turtles having ribs, snail shells having
ribs and oysters having ribs.