Dragaera

Next up in the Vladiad...

FRIEDA2133 at aol.com FRIEDA2133 at aol.com
Wed Jan 12 20:58:11 PST 2005

Jot Powers wrote on Wed, 12 Jan 2005 20:30:32 -0700

>I'm also a bit surprised we haven't seen a "Brokedown Palace"
>trade/reprint.

ReVibe68.aol.com wrote on Wed, 12 Jan 2005 23:09:47 EST

>I was hoping that someone had a tidbit
>about the next totally NEW addition to the Vladiad.

Hi,

I remembered reading a Steven Brust posting that said he
thought he had signed the papers for a reprint of Brokedown Palace.
But I cannot find it with Dragaera search.  Anyone else remember?

And how is this for a tidbit(wild speculation) on Dzur and Brokedown
Palace:

Miklos livery in Brokedown Palace:

"The boots supported legs wrapped in brown wool, and a body wrapped in
a dirty green tunic over a stained yellow jerkin.  On the breast of the
jerkin a small animal was sloppily embroidered in black and white"

Brokedown Palace, Chapter 3, page 38

>From Mark A. Mandel cool website cracksandshards.com,
http://www.speakeasy.org/~mamandel/Cracks-and-Shards/characteristics.html
we learn the colors of Miklos' clothes are Teckla colors and that
embroidery is Dzur colors.

Brokedown Palace, Chapter 3, page 43, we learn that Miklos master
was a wizard or sorcerer.

"His master had owned ten times the land that Laszlo ruled, yet was
called the name that means 'Baron' in their tongue.  Miklos
shuddered as he thought of the power his master had wielded.  An
effort of will, and he could be miles away.  A snap of his fingers
and a hovel would burn and crumble and disappear as if it had
never been."

I wonder if the lord over in Whiterock is a Baron.
I wonder if Vlad will meet up with Miklos former master in Dzur.

"I don't know.  I know that someone else is lord over in Whiterock,
though.  A Dzurlord.  We hear stories about him."

The Book of Athyra, Chapter 5, page 58

Would Vlad have gone through Whiterock because of what Savin had
said on that page or had Vlad already come through Whiterock?

Bye.

Linda G.