Dragaera

Today's cooking recipe for an article on Dragaeranlife,culture, and art.

Casey Rousseau casey at the-bat.net
Mon Jan 17 10:13:24 PST 2005

Scott Schultz wrote:

> >From: Steve Brust [mailto:skzb at dreamcafe.com]
>
> >They are flour-like in consistency.
>

> One thing you can say about this list is that you learn
> something new every day.
>
> For anyone who's interested, here's a link to some
> information about nut meal/flour and how it's produced.
>
> http://www.foodsubs.com/Nutmeals.html

Aha.  I was speculating something along those lines.  If you can't find the
nut flour you like, grinding the nuts will help release the oils enough that
you could press more out.  If anyone wants to try the recipe again with
peanuts, I'd recommend starting with a natural (unsalted) peanut butter and
pouring off the oil that will have separated on the shelf.  (Don't throw
away the oil.  Peanut oil is great for cooking.)  The remaining paste will
still have some oil in it, but it will be closer to your end goal.

Casey