Dragaera

OT: Problems with Microsoft Internet explorer and Windows explorer

Thu Jan 20 10:47:45 PST 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 Bato001 at aol.com wrote:

@>     I am running Windows Millenium at home. I have Optimum online. My
@> internet explorer(6.0) keeps closing down every time I try to put info
@> into a info field on a web page. Anybody have any idea why this
@> happens??? I also get error 29 messages when trying to open up folders
@> in windows explorer, My Computer. I* have looked all over the internet
@> and in books. The only solution I can come up with is to reload the
@> whole operating system or upgrade to XP.
@> Please, I'm desperate.

Switch to Firefox or Opera and upgrade to XP. Serious advice. (Having
recently ditched my own copy of ME.) That OS is basically unsupported and
filled with bugs, and that browser is terrible on any OS (and is trivially
easy to replace for most purposes). I imagine if you have some kind of
defect that requires you to continue using IE, though, switching to XP
should still solve your problem. You also may be able to get away with
removing every piece of IE from your system and then re-installing IE 6.

(Advice about adware and virii snipped since you wrote another message
while I was writing this one saying those weren't the problem.)