Dragaera

OT: Problems with Microsoft Internet explorer and Windows explorer

Thu Jan 20 14:29:05 PST 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 Bato001 at aol.com wrote:

> PS: I was running ME because my wife is to cheap to buy XP. I'll go without
> her though, she'll never know (until we get the credit card bill of course.)

If you're just trying to get utility out of your machine and not running
any particular piece of MS code out of necessity (i.e., if you want to do
bug-free Word-like word-processing but don't _have_ to give people perfect
Word docs) and you're cost-conscious, consider downloading a free version
of linux onto a disk, esp. if you know a friendly linux-user (who will
have you check your wireless card to make sure the driver is available,
etc.)  Probably people on this list can point you to a good checklist...