Dragaera

Spoiler for ISSOLA in this post

Tue Jan 25 09:46:39 PST 2005

>I'd disagree on the basis that I don't believe Teldra would want to follow
>that particular breakup. I don't think she would believe it prudent to
>dabble in the emotions involved, even after some years. He's living in the
>woods after all, it's not likely that he's gotten everything straight and
>"moved on" as they say since he hasn't come back to society yet.

Well, the living in the woods bit is more of a reaction to the larger part
of the Jhereg wanting him dead than from unresolved marital issues. If he
wasn't on the lam, he'd be living in his county or duchy or whatever
official sinecure it is that the Empress awarded to him. In a way, being on
the run was probably a blessing in disguise. Vlad seems the sort who would
likely have sunken into a (possibly drunken) depression given his sort of
unresolvable problems and no particular vocation to keep him busy.

One of the things I'm looking forward to when the story returns to the
"present time" (I'm assuming the upcoming story is a "past" tale about the
return of Savn to his family) is finding out how Noish-pa has been doing as
a Count.