Dragaera

Hey Steve

Peter H. Granzeau pgranzeau at cox.net
Thu Jan 27 10:42:24 PST 2005

At 12:34 01/26/2005, Corwin Brust wrote:
>Johne Cook wrote:
>
>>Finally, I'm interested in things as basic as QWERTY vs Dvorak.
>
>He's using an Avant Stellar[1], configured as QWERTY.  I use exactly the
>same machine.  I can't recall if he's used the extra keycaps to move CTRL
>around to where ghod intended, but I'd not be surprised since he's writing
>in Emacs using a sprint-mode written by DD-B.  Besides not being Dvorak,
>the keyboard has mechanical action and physical key-click and, in fact,
>requires a hammer-like finger action.
>
>[1]http://cvtinc.com/products/keyboards/stellar.htm

It looks exactly like my elderly Northgate Omni Key/ULTRA.  If it is, in
fact, based on the Northgate design, it is possible to rotate the Ctrl,
Caps Lock, and Alt keys on the left clockwise, and to switch Ctrl and Alt
on the right with a DIP switch--different key caps came for the Ctrl and
Caps Lock, as they are slightly different in size when moved.  A good
strong keyboard, but no click and doesn't require much in the line of
finger action, either.

--
Regards, Pete
pgranzeau at cox.net