Dragaera

Have I been bad?

Tue Mar 1 07:41:33 PST 2005

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Charles Sumner wrote:

@> >I also take one Sethra Lavode paperback and put it with the other Brust
@> >books so that you could see the front (not just the side) cover.
@> >Therefore, someone not looking in the *NEW* sections could see it.
@>
@> Yeah, I do that too.  If there's room on a shelf, I'll often adjust the
@> books so that my favorites have their front covers showing instead of the
@> spine. I don't feel bad about this though, as the obsessive-compulsive part
@> of me will also help the store's staff by re-arranging books that I notice
@> are out of alphabetical order.

On a couple of occasions I've done things like this. Once, I noticed that
Piers Anthony was taking up two and a half shelves, while many other authors
(including our Esteemed Mister Brust) were being squeezed unmercifully on
the shelves below and immediately to the right (this particular squeezing
being accomplished by turning the books sideways and stacking them on top
of the visible rows of books, /with the paper side rather than the spine
facing the aisle/). This did not take long to rectify, although I suppose
some might dispute Man From Mundania's credentials as a romance novel.