Dragaera

Petrol Prices

Mon Mar 21 11:57:29 PST 2005

Shawn,

The current Labor (read Democrat equivalent) pushed up petrol prices to try
and force people to use public transport.  Unfortunately, the previous
government had partially privatised the rail network with disastrous
results.... So that the infrastructure doesn't really exist.  Of course
labor governments have all been Tax & Spend.  I'm originally from Oz, so I
know about driving long distances, 95 octane is about $AU 1.00 per litre at
the moment. At current exchange rates, that's about $US 3 per US Gallon.

"subsidized mass public transportation is just never entertained very
seriously"

New York Metro?

Cheers

Mark