Dragaera

Vlad and the Organization - If, If, If...

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Wed Mar 23 13:33:12 PST 2005

Maximilian Wilson <wilson.max at gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:28:46 -0500, Ken Koester
> <kkoester at email.ers.usda.gov> wrote:
>> The other thing to keep in mind is that the very few people who know
>> Vlad has a GW are in Dzur Mountain.   What, you think when Vlad
>> teleported back, the GW went shouting, "I'm a GW!  I'm a GW!"  That's
>> just not Lady T's style, sorry (-:  Even if Vlad whips it out, I doubt
>> all but a very few Dragaerans would recognize it off the bat as a GW as
>> opposed to a very srong Morganti--and those that could, well, they are
>> likely not to be able to pass on that knowledge.  The Council may know
>> this in time, but not right away.  So Vlad's GW isn't going to put any
>> campaign to relieve his karmic burden on the backburner for a while.
>
> IMHO, it's a Good Thing that Lady Teldra's nature isn't obvious. She
> can't make Morganti weapons *safe* for Vlad, but it does... Hmmmm.
> What would happen if the Organization killed Vlad, Morganti-style, and
> then learned he was prowling around Adrilankha again a few weeks
> later? I'm thinking they would probably just kill him again and then
> kill the assassin who "bungled" it the first time, so no interesting
> story there. Unfortunate, because the thought of how badly it would
> scare his original killer amuses me.

Since assassins mostly don't want witnesses, they might indeed just
assume it was bungled.  On the other hand, when executing Vlad for
treason, they might request a more public demise.  If 100 witnesses
all saw him killed Morganti, and *then* he turned up walking
around....
--
David Dyer-Bennet, <mailto:dd-b at dd-b.net>, <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>