Dragaera

[SKZB] Great Weapons / The Distant Past

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 15:40:26 PST 2005

On Apr 1, 2005 2:01 PM, Scott Schultz <scott at cjhunter.com> wrote:
> Baritt not only died to a Jhereg assassin, he died and went to the Paths.
> However, he also hid Pathfinder, essentially seperating himself from it. He
> may have forfeited its protection by doing so. Perhaps he even have had a

<miner spoiler for the Lord of Castle Black>

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

By the way, does Barritt even count as GW "wielder" in the way Sethra
uses the term? Bonds of love and all that? We see this most explicitly
with Vlad because he's involved in creating his GW, but Morrolan is
chosen by prophecy to wield Blackwand, and Aliera pretty clearly
believes that Pathfinder has been trying to find its way to her all
along, so perhaps the links were pre-forged. Did Barritt really wield
Pathfinder, or just utilize it somehow (like Loraan was presumably
trying to do with Spellbreaker)? Maybe he made an deal with it
somehow, forged an alliance.

Too bad we don't know anything about Zungaron. It might tell us
something interesting--like, for instance, whether a GW can ever have
more than one wielder (possibly reincarnated occasionally).

1. I wonder if the Pathfinder/Godslayer link has anything to do with
Vlad/Aliera's siblingship.
2. I wonder what Pathfinder's name is.
3. Does Pathfinder have anything to do with Drien?
4. Was Aliera male or female when Doliver/Kieron were her brothers?

Max Wilson

--
I die! I attempt a speeling flame, but my flamer explodes and covers me
with burning oil. The fire spreads to the walls and nearby houses. The