Dragaera

Vlad and Kiera *Spoilers for _Orca_*

Thu Apr 7 11:08:34 PDT 2005

> > Here's the entire passage (courtesy of Drageara book search):
> > "I was there, Vlad, when Kieron was backed into a corner by an ex-Dragon
> > named Dolivar, who had been Kieron's brother before he shamed himself and
> > the whole tribe. Dolivar was tortured and expelled. I share the guilt there,
> > too, as does Sethra. Sethra was supposed to hamstring the yendi, but she
> > missed-deliberately. I saw, but I didn't say anything. Perhaps that makes me
> > responsible for my brother's death, later. I don't know..."
>
> Well, one cannot hamstring a yendi (the animal), in a literal sense, as
> they have no legs.  The sentence can be taken different ways, but I
> always thought it was a slight against whomever she was talking about.
> Like calling a Dragon a teckla.

I always kinda thought that she was talking about THE Yendi. As in the House. And that maybe the
Yendi were the ones responsable for having Kieron killed and that Sethra could have saved him but
didn't for some reason.

"I didn't spend all those years playing D&D and not learn a little something about courage."
   -Some Dork, The X-Files

Erik Holmes
Shoby187 at yahoo.com
AIM: ErikHolmes