Dragaera

A Riddle

Mark A. Mandel thnidu at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 9 20:03:51 PDT 2005

--- Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu> wrote:

> I spell reasonably well, and I've used the word in a poem, and I almost
> always look up hard words by pasting them into google, which in this case
> agreed with me.

As someone else has pointed out by implication, Google is a lousy place to find correct
spelling. To the extent that it indexes everything on the Web, it indexes every mistake
on the Web, of spelling, grammar, fact, etc., etc., etc. I recommend, instead, a good
dictionary. Merriam-Webster Online is pretty good and free (http://www.m-w.com/). I keep
a link to it in my browser bar.

-- Dr. Whom, Consulting Linguist, Grammarian,
   Orthoepist, and Philological Busybody
   a.k.a. Mark A. Mandel
   [This text prepared with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.]