Dragaera

Aliera's companion in the Paths of the Dead

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 13:02:06 PDT 2005

On Apr 12, 2005 9:00 AM, Scott Schultz <scott at cjhunter.com> wrote:
> Actually, this does raise an interesting question as to what is the
> qualitative difference between a Dragaeran soul and an Easterner soul. The
> God's could have made a case that Dolivar's soul (assuming it began
> existence with Dolivar and wasn't someone else before that) was inherently a
> Dragaeran soul but they didn't.

Well, Aliera certainly thinks there's no difference between the souls,
and Vlad doesn't deny it... but the Halls of Judgment exist to defend
the gods' world against the Jenoine. Perhaps the relevant point here
is that Dragaerans are presumably loyal to the gods, and Easterners
aren't... and no one ever considered why/how Easterners might become
citizens of the Empire. I.e. maybe the gods really *are* racist--or
meritocrats or whatever they become from the perspective of beings who
may be involved in *assigning* race. Maybe Easterners really do get
the junky souls.

Maximilian

--
I die! I mis-remember my friend's telephone number and dial
into a hydroelectric dam's power line, electrocuting myself.