Dragaera

A possible past-life-soul memory as a Dzurlord???

FRIEDA2133 at aol.com FRIEDA2133 at aol.com
Tue Apr 26 20:04:30 PDT 2005

Scott Schultz wrote on Tue, 26 Apr 2005 14:53:55 -0700

Scott, I agree with most of your posting which could very well turn out
to be the way it is.

Here is the part that I do not agree with and the reason:

>Past life memories are not out of the question, but the general impression I
>get from Aliera's story about D*livar is that Vlad represents the first
>reincarnation of D*livar's soul since he went to wherever Drageran souls go
>when they have been denied the Paths and they're waiting for reincarnation.

Sethra said in Issola:

   "Think back to your own past, Vlad:  I know what Aliera told you about
your past lives, so consider her words now."

Issola, paperback, Chapter 2 "Being a Good Listener", pg 41.

Note the s in lives.

>Personally, I view the trance induced visions as random psychic impressions
>that are probably a common side-effect of witchcraft. It could even be one
>of the common dangers of the Art, since it's probably very easy to become
>distracted by a particularly interesting vision and find yourself suddenly
>losing control of the spell or traveling down a different path than the one
>you'd intended.

Scott, I really like your witchcraft theories.

I want to believe there were more past lives than just D*livar because
it makes it more fun to read Paarfiad.

For instance this passage makes me speculate that Khaavren was an Orca in
a prior life:

   "'It is,' said Khaavren.  'Though I perceive the sea is troubled below
us; no doubt there is a storm to the southwest, beyond the range of our
vision.'
   Daro said to Roaana, 'It is hard to believe that my lord Khaavren was
raised far inland, hundreds of leagues form the ocean-sea, for, in the
short time he has dwelt here, he has come to know the sea as well as any
of us born to it.  Indeed, my lord has predicted storms that old, old
men could not sense, and I have never known him to be wrong.'
   Khaavren smiled.  'I must say that I love the ocean-sea as much as
if I'd been born to it.  It is peaceful, yet never inducing of ennui.'"

The Lord of Castle Black, paperback, Chapter the Thirty-Sixth, page 13.

I also like wild speculation and there is always the possibility that it
might turn out to be revealed in a future book.  Heh, just like I like
Science Fiction because it might become Science in the future and it is
interesting to see how someone might deal with that future.  Or
gene-splicing a bat with a snake and a human to produce a winged snake
with two legs and the brain of a human.  Or gene-splicing a human with
a creature from another planet who has the ability to store the memories
of past lives.

Bye.

Linda G.