Dragaera

[Dragaera] Vlad and the Organization

Mark A. Mandel thnidu at yahoo.com
Mon May 2 19:14:00 PDT 2005

--- Crystal Fradette <sethra500 at gmail.com> wrote:
> There would really be no sense in killing Vlad now, other than the
> satisfaction it could happen. I mean, his soul is safe now with Lady
> Teldra, so even if they used a Morganti weapon on him, it wouldn't do
> what they want. THey want Vlad permanantly dead, and that just can't
> happen. We do know that weilding a Great Weapon doesn't mean you are
> safe from death, just from death in a permanant sense. I just don't
> know how it would work if they managed to crush Vlad's head.

That trick Vlad invented with Aliera and Pathfinder worked in part because as soon as
Mellar realized he had just killed Morrolan's cousin and guest, in Castle Black, with a
Morganti blade, in front of a whole lot of witnesses -- and was thrown even further
off-balance by Daymar's mind-probe -- he had his pet sorcerer get him the hell out of
there WITHOUT THE GW. All of those conditions are fun to list, but the key part is the
last three words. Then who was it, Sethra and the Necromancer?, were able to retrieve
Aliera's soul from PF while Mellar was off in the jungle, dueling with Vlad, wearing him
down, heading in for the kill, and then being distracted by Rocza
(http://www.speakeasy.org/~mamandel/filks/RoczasSong.html) just long enough for Vlad to
kill him.

But if the Organization manages to kill Vlad AND take possession of GS, then I think the
case is much less clear. To what degree, if any, is GS Lady Teldra, who knows and likes
(loves?) Vlad?
-- Mark A. Mandel
   http://cracksandshards.com
   a Steven Brust Dragaera fan website
   [This text prepared with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.]