Dragaera

[Dragaera] Vlad and the Organization

Tue May 3 08:11:15 PDT 2005

>But if the Organization manages to kill Vlad AND take possession of GS,
>then I think the case is much less clear. To what degree, if any, is GS
>Lady Teldra, who knows and likes (loves?) Vlad?
>-- Mark A. Mandel

One of the things that's become clear over the last few books is that you
don't just take possession of a Great Weapon that's currently soul-bound.
Sethra has mentioned that Blackwand was still dangerous to the people who
had killed Morollan in _Jhereg_. Even the Jenoine won't touch Blackwand or
Pathfinder when they have Morollan and Aliera held prisoner in _Issola_. I
can't imagine that any assassin with a clue would try to take possession of
Godslayer unless he was 110% certain that Vlad's soul had been destroyed.
Anything else would be inviting an unpleasant death to the fool attempting
it.

As for Godslayer's personality, Vlad, at least, thinks of it as Lady Teldra.
I should expect that it will be a close approximation of it's "parent". I
liken what Vlad did to the science fiction idea of sticking a dying person
into a machine that copies their personality into an android brain. The
person dies and is gone, but the machine starts a new life of its own guided
by the knowledge and mannerisms of the original.