Dragaera

Men "Dressing" (was: Re: Another)

Wed Jul 13 05:02:54 PDT 2005

In the interest of showing how much trivia I know, and because the
thread at the site has an awful lot of misinformation in it, I will explain.

Like women's breasts, men's balls are lopsided, and one is usually
larger and hangs lower.  In an ordinary pair of pants, the package will
hang down past the crotch seam on the side of the largest testicle.  In
tailor-made pants, the tailor will inquire (or observe) which side a man
"dresses" and actually allow a little extra room on that side of the
seam.  I got this from a theater costumer.  She told the story of a
costumer who asked a star if he dressed left or right, not wishing to
feel him up to find out.  He didn't know what she meant, so said he
dressed right, thinking it was something like handedness.  She made his
pants for someone who dressed right, but his left nut was the big one,
and he was that bit uncomfortable for the run of the show.

Handedness has nothing to do with it.  Generally a man's larger testicle
will be the left one, and generally people are right-handed, but I know
of no connection.