Dragaera

Steve in a Romance discussion?!?

Chris Olson Chrisf.Olson
Mon Aug 22 11:40:25 PDT 2005

A friend of mine sent me the following link to a weblog about the
Romance genre.  In the comments for this entry, there's a bit about
Steve I thought needed sharing.

http://www.smartbitchestrashybooks.com/index.php/weblog/l_ust/

Comment:

"...I must take a moment here and turn to my favorite master of
wonderful dialogue: Steven Brust. The Phoenix Guards (and the whole
series after it) just have such sly, witty, Dumas-pere-esque humor that
they function as a literary aphrodisiac for all that there are precious
few heaving bosoms. (After all, a man who can write that type of witty
repartee might be able to engage in it in person. MRRROWR!)"

Never would have thought to find him there.  He pops up in the oddest
places....

Chris