Dragaera

International Burst Fan Summit stuff

FRIEDA2133@aol.com FRIEDA2133
Mon Oct 3 22:21:33 PDT 2005

carpovita at earthlink.net wrote on 10/3/2005 11:02:18 AM

>So this is how it works.  Between now and February 1st 2006 I will
>be taking submit ions for the feast.  Said submit ions can be for
>any part of the feast from suggestions on food courses to table
>linens and background music.

Heh, and the winner is Vlad's feast at Valabar and Sons or Valabar's
as described in the prologue of the book Dzur:

Teresa Nielsen Hayden, Steve Brust's editor, wrote on
http://nielsenhayden.com/makinglight/archives/006489.html
June 29, 2005, 05:45 PM:

>It starts about ten minutes after Issola ends. Reading the prologue
>made me hungry.

And, of course, Rion, you would have to be able to read that
whole section in order to duplicate the feast as much as possible.

Hopefully, Valabar's is described in the prologue.

If not, here is this:

"The inn, called the Silver Shadow" in Dragaera City.

   "Within, all was tasteful, and even somewhat reminiscent of
Valabar's Restaurant in distant Adrilankha.  There were four rooms,
called the Big Room, the Oak Room, the Cherry Room, and the Long
Room, each appointed differently, yet each blending harmoniously
with the next.  We will not try our readers' patience with
descriptions of rooms we will never see, so we will content
ourselves with briefly sketching the one in which we find
ourselves, that being the Cherry Room, immediately to the right
as one entered from the street into the Long Room.  The Cherry
Room, then, was distinguished by cherrywood booths, a
cherrywood bar, and a large hearth in which burned, of course,
cherrywood, filling the room with the gentle, sweet smell
of this most prized of hardwoods.

Five Hundred Years After, paperback, Chapter the Nineteenth,
page 286.

Bye.

Linda G.