Dragaera

[OT] Ender's Game

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max
Mon Oct 3 12:48:11 PDT 2005

On 10/3/05, Johne Cook <johne.cook at gmail.com> wrote:
> OSC liked _I, Robot_ (my favorite movie from last summer).  He loves
>  _Serenity_ (my favorite film from this summer).  He even reveals
> his heart about a prospective _Ender's Game_ movie,
> and how he feels _Serenity_ might relate to those hopes / fears.

One thing that I think bothers me about OSC's superhumans (Ender
Wiggin, Alvin Maker) is that they manage to evoke deep feelings of
loyalty in other characters without actually being either markedly
good or likable. It always makes me feel like it's some alternate
Orson-universe where people have emotions subtly different from anyone
I know. On the plus side, an Ender movie--unlike a book--would have
actors and a director contributing personality as well as the
scriptwriter, so it might end up feeling more genuine. I'd probably
consider watching it under the right circumstances.

Max Wilson

--
Be pretty if you are,
Be witty if you can,