Dragaera

Interesting Question

FRIEDA2133 at aol.com FRIEDA2133 at aol.com
Sun Oct 16 20:58:40 PDT 2005

On 10/15/05, J C <greyw01f at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hey, I was just thinking of Taltos, and specifically the scene where they
> confront the Goddess and talk about the nature of the paths.
>
> The line "Don't come back here again, Easterner" or whatever it is strikes
> Me as very significant.

Here is the quote:

"'Your Easterner friend could never have come here without a living
body to carry him.  No, the soul doesn't matter, but it's more
complicated than that.  It is the blood.  As a living man he could
bring himself here, and as a living man he can leave.'  She suddenly
looked at me.  'Once.  Don't come back, Fenarian.'"

The Book of Taltos, Taltos, Chapter 15, page 156.

howard at brazee.net wrote on 10/16/2005 2:16:42 PM about Verra:

>She likes order and rules.

And on that Verra would say "Tough cookies".

"'It is also forbidden,' said Barlan.
'Tough cookies,' said Verra.
Verra said, 'A convocation will also be boring.'
'You would break our trust to avoid boredom?'
'You damn betcha, feather-breath.'

The Book of Taltos, Taltos, Chapter 13, page 136.

On page 156, Verra also says
   "Your familiar shares your fate, of course."

I hope that also is significant and doesn't just mean
that Loiosh can leave with Vlad.