Dragaera

The Orca Spoiler - Time to let it go? (was Re: Proof Mario isAlive?...)

Mon Dec 5 10:06:52 PST 2005

Gandalf dies?

**-----Original Message-----
**From: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
**[mailto:dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info] On
**Behalf Of Rion Bergquist
**Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 12:59 PM
**To: 'Charles Sumner'; dragaera at dragaera.info
**Subject: RE: The Orca Spoiler - Time to let it
**go? (was Re: Proof Mario isAlive?...)
**
**umm  so what you are telling us is that you are
**ok with being the guy in
**line to see Revenge of the Sith who tells a 7
**year old that Aniken is Darth
**Vader and that his son in gonna be Luke
**Skywalker.
**
**I don't think that the fact that I have known a
**spoiler for 10 years makes
**it any less a spoiler for the audience yet to
**read the various pieces out
**there.  Heck at this point I'd think it's safe
**to assume that there were
**children being born when Orca was released that
**may, in 6 years or so, get
**to that book.  I think it'd be nice for us to
**leave them the magic that we
**all came to on our own.
**
**Or one more view on it - Had someone spoiled the
**Hobbit or the Lord of the
**Rings for you before you read them?  Did you
**know Gandalf would die, or that
**he'd get better?  I didn't and I am damn
**thankful that there was not, when I
**first read those books, (books that were 30
**years old at that point) someone
**at my side, or in my e-mail telling me about
**pivotal plot points.
**
**Just my views,
**Rion