Dragaera

The Orca Spoiler - Time to let it go? (was Re: Proof Mario is Alive?...)

Steve Simmons scs at di.org
Mon Dec 5 08:05:11 PST 2005

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 10:59:20AM -0700, Rion Bergquist wrote:
> umm  so what you are telling us is that you are ok with being the guy in
> line to see Revenge of the Sith who tells a 7 year old that Aniken is Darth
> Vader and that his son in gonna be Luke Skywalker.

Charles will no doubt speak for himself - but I'd say that arguement
by analogy is always suspect.  In this particular case, we've already
established that most of the folks who come to this list do so on the
assumption they've already read the books (or most of them) and want
to tape a step further.  So a better analogy would be the guy standing
in line at the Star Wars convention talking to the 30-year-old guy and
mentioning offhand what 99.9998% of the attendees know.  :-)

OK, I exaggerate a bit.  But seriously, if we can't have freewheeling
discussions about books that have been out for years, well, I'm votin'
to find a better place to have those discussions.
--
Realize that life is a situation comedy that will never be canceled.  A
laugh track has been provided, and the reason why we are put in the