Dragaera

Spoiler proposal

Steve Rapaport steve at romlin.com
Mon Dec 5 10:44:59 PST 2005

> I haven't read all Dragaeran books, as Brokedown Palace seems to be out of
> print. I'd like to avoid having that spoiled, for if/when I can put my
> grubby little hands on it.

I'm with Martin on this, as I suspect many may be.  I kind of agree that
anyone on a Dragaera mailing list is at least sufficiently addicted to have
read all the easily-available books released at least a couple years ago. I
know I have.  But in the case of Brokedown Palace, I can't easily get a copy
(here in Sweden), so I'm shutting my eyes when I see a Fenarian name I don't
recognize.   I actually stopped adding to the wikicity when spoilers for BP
began appearing all over it.

The half.com solution is appealing, but that $2.51 will quickly become
$20.51 once I ship to Sweden.  Maybe for Xmas.

My own proposed compromise probably makes sense only to me, but I like the
idea of a general spoiler warning, with BP and any other out-of-print books
there may be as exceptions, which should be clearly marked and set aside as
spoilers, since they're not likely to be handy to everyone.

Completely off-topic:   I was on a business trip last week to Slovakia, and
twice met Hungarian chicks I wanted to impress.  Both times I found I knew a
few words, and silently thanked Steve.