Dragaera

Plural

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 13:56:54 PST 2005

On 12/9/05, Jon_Lincicum at stream.com <Jon_Lincicum at stream.com> wrote:

> Overall, however, I find it very difficult to say that the terms
> "Phoenixes" and "Orcas" (in particular) are /wrong/--even if they don't
> appear in the texts--for exactly the reasons you specified; Hence, my
> suggestion that these are simply acceptable alternate forms.

Well, the reason I wondered about it in the first place was in the
hope of established some firm guidelines for the Wikicity, and I was
reluctant to simply go in and modify things to suit my preferences (no
matter how preferable they were to me) without at least having a
discussion on what seemed best to others, especially given that I
could not recall for certain at that time what was in the text.

However, I feel much more comfortable now in asserting that while both
modified and unmodified plurals are acceptable, the "proper" forms
(that is, the preferable ones) are that except for "Dragons" and
"Hawks", all of the House (and animal) names are unmodified plurals.

Unless SKZB says otherwise, of course.  Which perhaps he will.