Dragaera

How will House Phoenix arise from the ashes?

Mon Dec 12 14:42:57 PST 2005

>From: Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
>To: "S. Hall" <incubusyouth at hotmail.com>
>CC: dragaera at dragaera.info,dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
>Subject: RE: How will House Phoenix arise from the ashes?
>Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 14:28:26 -0800
>
>"S. Hall" <incubusyouth at hotmail.com>
>Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
>12/12/05 02:05 PM

>dragaera at dragaera.info
>cc
>
>Subject
>RE: How will House Phoenix arise from the ashes?

>Sethra? Impartial?
>
>HAH.
>Tell that to all those Dzur Heroes who've been attacking Dzur Mountain for
>Verra-knows-how-long.
>
>Majikjon

well, thats true, but i consider it to be stupidity on the part of the House
of the Dzur for allowing people to go do that. I do wonder though, whether
or not they only send those that the Elders or Council of the House find to
be inadequate to hold the position of 'Hero,' so they're sent to their
deaths purposely. It's also possible that since the mountain is shaped like
a Dzur, some in the House believe it to be the rightful property of a
pure-blood Dzur, not someone with the features of a Dzur and a Dragon, like
Sethra has, so they send the more easily-persuaded aspiring Heros.

Some in the House must recognize what Sethra does though, like protecting
Dragaera from the Jenione, which would mean that if someone actually
happened to kill Sethra, everyone is screwed.

You also have to consider that House Phoenix assets and titles would be
needed for the continuation of the empire, since only Teckla are peasants,
any Phoenix that should arise would need their own estate, to at least
adhere to the vision of proper lifestyle. Sethra is all about the
continuation of the Empire, which would make her a good choice.