Dragaera

How will House Phoenix arise from the ashes?

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 12:43:52 PST 2005

On 12/13/05, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:
> We know that there weren't always 17 houses

Hm.  Barlen implies that there *were* always 17 Houses - but the
number of groups of Dragaerans (tribes) was larger at first.

We don't know for sure what happened to the supernumerary tribes.
Were they were absorbed into the Jhereg, or left to colonize the
islands (because they were miffed at being excluded from the Cycle and
the Empire?), or maybe killed off in some civil war, or maybe a little
of all of the above?  Sethra presumably knows, but didn't mention it
when she infodumped to Vlad.

>  - I think the cycle was created by the gods to stabilize things.

The gods appear to be implying that the Cycle somehow keeps out the
Jenoine, but that's just by Paarfi's report, whatever *that's* worth.