Dragaera

How will House Phoenix arise from the ashes?

Tue Dec 13 12:56:02 PST 2005

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, Davdi Silverrock wrote:

> On 12/13/05, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:
>
> We don't know for sure what happened to the supernumerary tribes.
> Were they were absorbed into the Jhereg

and Teckla.  Or the other Houses via challenge etc.

Note the unlikelihood of small genetic groups maintaining independence
for 4k generations when surrounded by rival groups if not supported
by the strong governmental, social, and Cyclical aspects of the Empire.

> >  - I think the cycle was created by the gods to stabilize things.

Odd trick, their creating something hugely more powerful than they are.

> The gods appear to be implying that the Cycle somehow keeps out the
> Jenoine, but that's just by Paarfi's report, whatever *that's* worth.

Paarfi's been around something like as long as the gods and seems to be
about as smart, so it's got to be worth something if anything is.

I missed the anti-J aspect or have forgotten it.  I would have thought
that would be kind of a state secret.  Guess I should go look at _TEoDM_
again on that point.