Dragaera

How will House Phoenix arise from the ashes?

Wed Dec 14 09:58:54 PST 2005

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005, Scott Schultz wrote:

> Something to keep in mind though - The end of the Great Cycle and the
> appearance of the Reborn Phoenix was not an event related to the death and
> rebirth of House Phoenix.

This isn't clear to me.

> It was an event related to the death and rebirth of The Empire. Given
> that, I can't see how Zerika I could possibly be a Reborn Phoenix. She
> was simply First.

Maybe Z_0 was a sport - the first Phoenix.  Maybe the Orb contains the
magic whatever-it-is needed to produce a Houseworth of Phoenix out of one,
and Z_now will when the time is right use it - say as her last act as
Emperor.

Maybe Z_0 was the last of her tribe, all the rest of which perished
establishing the Empire or creating the Orb, which was designed to make
new Phoenix with the side benefit of sorcery.  Maybe the Phoenix are the
living embodiment of the Cycle.