Dragaera

I've a feeling...

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 20:27:49 PST 2005

On 12/16/05, Ike Porter <ike at manor.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, Davdi Silverrock wrote:
>
> > Perhaps a journey to the Enchantress of Dzur Mountain might help
> > ("Could you give me some courage?").
>
> Hmm...Vlad/Loiosh as Dorothy/Toto
>       Morrolan as the Cowardly Lion
>       Aliera as the Scarecrow
>       Lady Teldra as the Tin Man

I was thinking that it would work better if the Tinman analog were
Norathar, and she were seeking not a heart, but a "name", or "face"
(as in status).  Thus, at the denoument, after Aliera gets her sword,
Norathar gets her name (or "face") by Aliera genescanning her and
proving that she is pure Dragon, and indeed, the Heir.  Since she's
the Heir, she can give Morrolan what *he* wants by making him Warlord.
 Hah!  It all works!

>       Verra as the Good Witch of the North
>       Sorceress in Green as the Wicked Witch of the West
>       Sethra the Younger as the Wicked Witch of the East

I was thinking that this would work better with the "Wicked Witches"
being something else   - one of the antagonist Jhereg, or Loraan, or
some Jenoine, or some other opponent who meets a *final* death.

Hm.  How about Loraan as the Wicked Wizard of the East?  Vlad gets
Loraan's chain (rather than any funny business with shoes), and in the
end, it turns out that the chain is what will bring him home, or get
him whatever else it is he wants.

And, hey, it also works if Loraan is the Wicked Wizard of the West.

Vlad: "Didn't I *already* kill him?"
Whoever plays "Oz" (booming voice effect): "YOU DIDN'T KILL HIM ENOUGH."

>       Kiera as the Great and Powerful Oz
>       Sethra Lavode as the man behind the curtain

And as already suggested, how about *Paarfi of Roundwood* as the
"Great and Powerful Oz"?  He's certainly got the bluster for it.
Sethra Lavode still works as the one behind the curtain.

Philip Hart will be made happy to see his pet notion supported.

>       Kragar, Malestav, and Glowbug as the Lolipop Guild

Hmph.  Or perhaps Kelly and his revolutionaries as the Munchkins
(Easterners are short, right?)

Verra (or whoever plays Glinda): "Are you a good witch or a bad witch?"
Vlad (shrugging): "I'm the second-best witch that I know of, and my
grandfather isn't here at the moment."