Dragaera

Sethra as Vlad's mother? (Was Yummy Vlad Speculation) *Buffy/Angel Spoilers*

Sun Dec 18 14:06:28 PST 2005

Philip Hart wrote:

>On Sat, 17 Dec 2005, Louis Eastman wrote:
>

>Honking big Buffy and Angel spoilers.
>

>Seriously, if you don't want Buffy and Angel spoiled, skip this.
>

>So in the Buffyverse, Angel is a vampire cursed with a soul - cursed in
>that he is wracked with remorse for his earlier unlife of murder and
>mayhem, and if he's ever happy again he'll lose his soul.  He was sired
>by a vampire named Darla, who is killed in Buffy but brought back as a
>human by some evil lawyers with the goal of destroying Angel.  After
>various awful events, Darla is a vampire again, Angel is in despair
>(D to A: "God doesn't want you, but I do."), and they have a fling
>(risking Angel's soul due to the terms of the curse). Darla, to
>everyone's shock, becomes pregnant.  As a result of this, she gets
>some share of the baby's human soul and, like Angel, is  tormented by
>guilt.  Drama this, drama that, a vampire can't give birth, Darla kills
>herself so the baby can be born.

Well, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that this ground has been
covered by someone (despite many of my friends recommending it, I've yet
to watch any real amount of Buffy) but it would appear that even in that
universe, Vampires don't "have kids" that would make it really work for
Vlad to be Sethra's son.

And Aliera was a disembodied soul at the time, so she's out too.

What living female characters are left to be Vlad's mom candidates?
Ibronka? Roaana? The Sorceress in Green? StY? (Of course, these are all
Dragaerans, and we don't really know if the crossbreeding thing is
possible or not (see previous threads)).  But if we can't count
Dragaeran characters, we've got damn few Easterner females as
candidates... Pretty much limited to some of the rabble-rousers from
/Teckla/, or maybe some of the side-characters from /Brokedown
Palace/.(Mariska, Maybe?)  I suspect Vlad's Mom just hasn't appeared in
the books at all. (Since it seems about 50/50 she's dead anyway).

Majikjon