Dragaera

Sethra as Vlad's mother? (Was Yummy Vlad Speculation)

Mon Dec 19 04:36:31 PST 2005

Philip Hart wrote:

>On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 lincicum at comcast.net wrote:
>

>>I'm not a huge fan of Vampire stories in general, but I don't think I've
>>ever heard one (Brust or otherwise) with a pregnant Vampire.
>>

>The Buffyverse comments on this in typically heart-wrenching style.

In Glen Cook's Garrett files, in the first case (=Sweet Silver Blues=)
Garrett finds a nest of vampires containing the Bloodmaster, other
males, vampire "brides" & children.  The "brides" haven't completed
changeover yet, but are infected, contagious, & bloodthirsty, not to
mention light-sensitive.  Pregnancy would be an expected part of life
for them.  Garrett opines that nothing would be able to bring a woman
back from the Undead once she had given birth to a "soulless brat."

Snarkhunter