Dragaera

Sethra as Vlad's mother? (Was Yummy Vlad Speculation)

Mon Dec 19 11:54:35 PST 2005

Howard Brazee wrote:

> Jose Marquez wrote:
>
>> Not just 100% Dragon, but the most famous Dragon family: Dolivar and
>> Kieron are brothers, making Kieron have a hint of Dzur. Not to
>> mention the other sibling that eventually reincarnates as Aliera. I
>> don't know. I think Sethra probably has had no children, being too
>> occupied with raising the Empire instead.
>>
>> Jose
>>

> If a Dragon accepts the challenge to become a Dzur - are his children
> part Dzur as well?

Why would any self-respecting Dragon want to become a Dzur? *grin*

I'd imagine his children would have to be tested, prowess-wise, to be
considered Dzur, assuming they are full-blood Dragon. But the pride of
the House of the Dragon would suggest to me that if you are a Dragon and
really really really want to be a Dzur, you're not really a Dragon
(i.e., you'll leave the House or get kicked out). If you raise your
children to want to be Dzur and they rebel by wanting to be Dragons, you
might have a problem on your hands: there's no guarantee that the
offspring of a disavowed Dragon would be welcomed back into the House.

We've discussed cross-House desire with regard to individuals from
different Houses getting together romantically and even sexually; I
wonder if there are any instances of an individual clearly of one House
wanting to be in another, at least among the High Houses. Teckla wanting
to be Dragons or Dzur is perfectly natural and understandable; I'm
thinking more along the lines you suggest, of a Dragon wanting to be
Dzur, or vice versa. It seems that your House identity is so ingrained
that this would indeed be odd.

This House identity was established genetically by the Jenoine
(combining humans and animals) and reinforced by the Cycle (your genetic
House increases in mystical ascendancy as your turn to reign approaches
and decreases afterward) and the Gods (they hold the keys to
reincarnation, so I imagine Dragaerans rarely leave their original
Houses when reincarnated [generalizing from Aliera's example and to a
lesser extent, Vlad's]).

Jose, making it up as he goes along

--
Jose Marquez             | There are 10 types of people in
jhereg69 at earthlink.net   | the world: those who understand