Dragaera

The Magic Box

Tue Jan 3 20:35:17 PST 2006

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006, Jon Lincicum wrote:

> Philip Hart wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 3 Jan 2006, Jon Lincicum wrote:
> >

> >>Brust "The Interviewer" must have traveled to Dragaera on at least on
> >>occasion (Vlad claims to have met the man who gave him the magic box)
> >>

> >Doesn't follow.
> >

> Well, I suppose the other alternative is that Vlad (and Paarfi both) has
> been to OUR world. (Or maybe they both met on some other neutral plane
> of existance somewhere?)
>
> Or else the "meeting" was far more metaphorical than Vlad seems to let on.

No, none of the above follows.

A simple scenario: Dragaeran X creates a box that communicates with SKZB.
X teaches him the language via the box.  X gives the box to Vlad.  Vlad
has never met SKZB.  Vlad gives the box to Sethra, leading to the
SKZB-Paarfi interview.  Paarfi has met the person who gives him the
box, but has never physically met SKZB.