Dragaera

The Magic Box

Wed Jan 4 07:13:28 PST 2006

Philip Hart wrote:

>>Ah. I see, you're contending that the "old fool" who gave Vlad money to
>>talk into the box was not actually Brust himself, but rather, it was an
>>intermediary?
>>

>I'm pointing out one of various simple scenarios consistent with SKZB
>being bound to here/now.  Incidentally, it is not necessary that X be
>an intermediary.

Perhaps you would care to explain how Vlad could have arranged to have
an "old fool" pay him money to tell stories if they never met face to
face, and there was no intermediary involved?

>>Possible.
>>

>I.e., your earlier assertion was entirely wrong.

Not at all. As you so admirably stated earlier, we *don't know*.

If I say that it seems likely that Brust "The Interviewer" has gone to
Dragaera personally at some point, and then you say, "AHA! you're wrong
because it isn't *absolutely certain* that he did", you haven't really
even addressed my original point. Rather, you've inferred the
supposition that I was insisting that my theory be true, which was not
the case at all.

>> However, this begs the obvious question
>

>No, it doesn't.  Perhaps Mark will explain.

It would be nice if someone would. It is somewhat wearying to try to
formulate a discussion, and have your counterpart simply gainsay
everything without bothering to explain his position.

As some admirable python once said; "That's not an argument, it's a
simple contradiction!"

>>Furthermore, this scenario does NOT address the Paarfi interview
>>

>That's incorrect.

As you do here.

Majikjon