Dragaera

(Orca spoiler)

Thu Jan 5 12:34:46 PST 2006

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com wrote on 01/05/2006 03:25:09 PM:

> Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>
> Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
> 01/05/06 11:32 AM

> "'Dragaera (E-mail)'" <dragaera at dragaera.info>
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: (Orca spoiler)
>

> >> Which itself is interesting, in regards to a question I posed
earlier,
> >> as it seems to indicate that the Dragaeran gods *do* indeed have some

> >> precognative abilities, but also implies that they are not always
> >> conciously aware of what they mean.
> >

> >She's not dumb.   Minimally, she just found out that Vlad is
> >"interesting".   She's also someone who prepares for eventualities -
>
> I'm not sure I buy the idea that Verra could have just randomly guessed
> that her blood would be somehow useful to Vlad (or rather, to Morrolan).

> That seems like an incredibly lucky guess; unless Verra is in the habit
of
> giving out her blood to all her new clients, since it has 1001 uses or
> something. (Four out of five assassins prefer Verra blood for all their
> everyday sorcery needs!)
>
> Sure seems like some kind of limited precognition is a more likely
> circumstance in this case.

deverra can do all kinds of weird things with time.  i've always thought
this was because she was verra's granddaughter and therefore it must have
been some kind of god-power, probably one that verra had.

> >It is interesting to note Vlad's observations about how Sethra was
> >angered by some of his statements - what he observed then might be
> >considerably different from what he would have observed with hindsight
> >from book 17 or 18.
>
> I recently re-read the entire Vlad series and took special note of the
> encounters with Kiera, even the ones as early as /Jhereg/ and /Yendi/
are
> full of double-meanings after having read /Orca/. It's a real treat.
>
> Majikjon

The information contained in this e-mail is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) and may be confidential, proprietary, and/or legally privileged.  Inadvertent disclosure of this message does not constitute a waiver of any privilege.  If you receive this message in error, please do not directly or indirectly use, print, copy, forward, or disclose any part of this message.  Please also delete this e-mail and all copies and notify the sender.  Thank you.