Dragaera

the honing of Vlad (was Re: How much does Vlad *really* knowabout Kragar?)

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 08:54:39 PST 2006

On 1/10/06, Jon_Lincicum at stream.com <Jon_Lincicum at stream.com> wrote:

> Certainly, the *event* would be remembered, but would anybody ever have
> known it was Vlad?

But since the event isn't remembered, it apparently didn't happen, whether
caused by an Easterner or someone else. (And yes, depending on how fast
Vlad's little trick had spread, someone might have known it was Vlad. Partly
it hinges on whether teleportation is really as new a trick as Paarfi says
it is. Certainly there were witnesses, whose memories are accessible through
the Orb.)

 Vlad would not have known to *try* to use amorphia if he hadn't just had
> that little talk with Aliera.

Now, this point I may have to concede. Actually I don't remember the
sequence of events from "Jarhead" very well. Was he thinking about the
Dolivar thing particularly, or just that Elder Sorcery were possible? Scott
pointed out that Vlad is certainly not the first to learn of Elder Sorcery.

Max Wilson

--
Be pretty if you are,
Be witty if you can,