Dragaera

the honing of Vlad (was Re: How much does Vlad *really* knowabout Kragar?)

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Tue Jan 10 08:41:12 PST 2006

Maximilian Wilson <wilson.max at gmail.com>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
01/10/06 08:25 AM

SKZB List <dragaera at dragaera.info>
cc

Subject
Re: the honing of Vlad (was Re: How much does Vlad *really*     knowabout
Kragar?)

>On 1/10/06, Jon_Lincicum at stream.com <Jon_Lincicum at stream.com> wrote:
>> I'm not sure this follows.
>>
>> How often does a soul of the e'Kieron line get reincarnated as an
>> Easterner? And how often, when that *does* happen, does the Easterner
>> become aware of that fact while he's alive? And have friends close at
hand
>> who can teach him to use those abilities without destroying himself?
>>
>> Vlad may, in fact, be the first, and only, Easterner who's learned
Elder
>> Sorcery. Seems likely, in fact.
>
>But nobody needed to teach Vlad how to use amorphia. He just did it,
>under stress. Aliera was needed only to stop him from destroying
>Adrilankha in the process. So the existence of Vlad's powerful friends
>makes it not more but less likely that Vlad's Elder Sorcery adventures
>will get into the history books. (And I thought we were _refuting_ the

That's why I said "...friends close at hand who can teach him to use those
abilities /without destroying himself/..."

How likely is it that Vlad's name will get into the history books if the
city he's living in had erupted into a 3rd Sea of Amorphia?

Certainly, the *event* would be remembered, but would anybody ever have
known it was Vlad?

>hypothesis that it was an innate ability of Easterners and not just
>e'Kierons to use amorphia.) The only thing required in Vlad's first
>instance were a link to the Orb and a suitable desperation. The only
>point in favor of this hypothesis is that Easterners with links to the
>Orb may be a relatively new (post-Interrugnum) thing. Then again,
>there's that Easterner that Khaavren mistook for an Athyra...

Vlad would not have known to *try* to use amorphia if he hadn't just had
that little talk with Aliera.

And I have my suspicions about how easy it seemed to be for him to tap
into that ability. Might have been Verra at work, there, maybe?

Majikjon