Dragaera

the honing of Vlad

Kenneth Gorelick pulmon at mac.com
Wed Jan 11 07:07:03 PST 2006

On Jan 11, 2006, at 9:12 AM, Jon_Lincicum at stream.com wrote:

> <snip>
>
> Now, these were Left-Hand sorceresses, so they've had some training in
> magic, and it's not impossible that one or more of them *might*
> have been
> able to identify what was going on. I would say that if there were
> such,
> they would be the ones most likely to go into total shock when they
> saw
> the amorphia form, and be the least reliable as witnesses after the
> fact.
>
> Really, it's the last point that convinces me, personally. Why
> should the
> Jhereg stick their neck out to remove a dangerous Elder Sorcerer?
> Isn't
> the Empire supposed to enforce the laws concerning Elder Sorcery?
> So maybe
> they report it to the Phoenix Guard, who, after talking to their boss
> (Khaavren--who has likely already talked to Sethra about the
> situation)
> decides to leave well enough alone.
>
> Majikjon

What self-respecting Dragaeron sorcerer(ess) would lower him/herself
to learning witchcraft (which is what I believe you intend by the use
of the word "magic", jon. I am unfamiliar with the latter concept in
the Brustian universe--there are sorcery, elder sorcery, necromancy,
wizardry (which combines the first 3) and witchcraft.
Ken