Dragaera

the honing of Vlad

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Wed Jan 11 07:33:22 PST 2006

Kenneth Gorelick <pulmon at mac.com>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
01/11/06 07:07 AM

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
cc
dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info, SKZB List <dragaera at dragaera.info>
Subject
Re: the honing of Vlad

On Jan 11, 2006, at 9:12 AM, Jon_Lincicum at stream.com wrote:

>> <snip>
>>
>> Now, these were Left-Hand sorceresses, so they've had some training in
>> magic, and it's not impossible that one or more of them *might*
 <snip>

>What self-respecting Dragaeron sorcerer(ess) would lower him/herself
>to learning witchcraft (which is what I believe you intend by the use
>of the word "magic", jon. I am unfamiliar with the latter concept in
>the Brustian universe--there are sorcery, elder sorcery, necromancy,
>wizardry (which combines the first 3) and witchcraft.

Sorry, I used the word "magic" there just to be a synonym for "sorcery". I
had already used the word "sorcereress" in that sentance, and I didn't
want to sound redundant by saying "sorcery" later in the same statement.

(As an aside, we don't really know if those particular left-hand
sorceresses were necromancers, regular sorcerers, wizards, or maybe had
studied witchcraft, but I didn't mean to imply that witchcraft was what
they had specifically studied.)

It is worth remembering, however, that with the Interregnum having ended
only 240 years before this event, most sorceresses of the Left Hand at
that point had likely lived during the Interregnum, and many may have
studied witchcraft as an alternative form of magic while the Orb was gone.
I suppose this idea applies equally to Elder Sorcery, as well.
Majikjon