Dragaera

Adron's Disaster

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Wed Jan 11 08:38:02 PST 2006

"Jeff G." <Log0n5150 at hotmail.com>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
01/10/06 09:19 AM

<dragaera at dragaera.info>
cc

Subject
Re: the honing of Vlad (some Issola spoilers)

>I think you are missing something. Remember the discussion with Aliera.
>Elder Sorcery is the direct manipulation of amorphia. Anyone (with
>sufficient skill) can learn to do that. That is what Morrolan does, and
what
>Adron was doing to try take possession of the orb. Creation of amorphia
is
>the aspect that is linked to the E'Kieron line, and that is what Vlad did
in
>the restaurant. Vlad does not actually use Elder Sorcery until Issola, at
>the stream and again shortly afterwards.

See my earlier post about the 3 different "types" of Elder Sorcery.

>Possible discussion topic: Would the Second Sea of Chaos had been created
if
>Adron was not part of the E'Kieron line? Was the outpouring of amorphia
the
>result of his body/soul trying to deal with all the power unleashed by
his
>spell when it turned against him?

Hmm... I think that, given the effects of the spell (according to Paarfi's
version anyway) he was using, it wouldn't have mattered much *who* was
doing the spell at that point. (Other than, by virtue of the fact that he
was Dragon Heir, the Orb sought him out, causing the conflict that
resulted in the disaster.) If, say K'laiyer e'Lanya had still been alive,
and had been Heir, and had tried to use the same spell, it would have had
the same consequences.

Now, it was likely Adron's e'Kieron heritage that gave him the ability to
create the chaos stones that made the spell possible in the first place,
so it was likely a contributing factor, since K'laiyer e'Lanya wouldn't
have been able to do such a spell, just because he wouldn't have the
stones. (Please forgive me for the awful pun there.)

Majikjon