Dragaera

Not a witch?

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 17:03:44 PST 2006

On 1/11/06, Jon Lincicum <lincicum at comcast.net> wrote:
> Maximilian Wilson wrote:
>
> >/Viscount/ is pretty clear that Sethra considers herself a wizard, as
> >did Tazendra, while Issola is clear that Sethra does not consider
> >herself a witch. QED.
> >

> I'm blanking on where Sethra refers to herself as a Wizard... (Not that
> I'm really disagreeing, I just don't recall it).

Search inside suggests that she does not.  However, since she can
*teach* wizards (that is, Tazendra, and probably the other Lavodes in
the past), well, I nearly think that whatever she is *includes* being
a wizard.

But really, all she needs to do is refer to herself as Sethra Lavode,
and that should say it all, to anyone who knows anything.

> >I'm tempted to take Vlad's comment about wizardry in Issola as a
> >somewhat fascetious comment intended to indicate that he actually
> >hasn't a clue in the world what wizardry is. "Roll them all together
> >and shove them in a box" sounds a lot like a verbal shrug.
> >
> >Max
> >

> You were reading my last post as I was typing it in, weren't you? ;-)

Maybe he's secretly psychic.

(Or psionic.  Whatever.)