Dragaera

Not a witch?

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 21:56:29 PST 2006

On 1/11/06, Jon Lincicum <lincicum at comcast.net> wrote:
> Jose Marquez wrote:
>
> > But recall the mild contempt Aliera has for Daymar: "Hello, Daymar.
> > Mind-probed any teckla, lately?" "No," he answered with a straight
> > face, "did you have one that you wanted mind-probed?" "Not at the
> > moment," she said. "Ask me again next Cycle." "I'll be sure to."
> >
> > It's possible that Daymar's brand of psychics is viewed as not much
> > higher than witchcraft.
>
> Yes, but Aliera has at least mild contempt for almost everyone.
>
> Even Vlad, when she first met him in /Taltos/.

And also for Kieron the Conqueror.

And also, at times, for her own mother, the goddess Verra.

Given Daymar's power, I think anyone who has *genuine* contempt for
someone who can break through a military teleport block -- not to
mention everything else Daymar has done -- is entirely confused.

Indeed, when Aliera broke through to Greenaere using Elder Sorcery,
Daymar helped.  So I really doubt that she really feels contempt for
him.