Dragaera

Vampire/Necromancer/Loraan speculation

Thu Jan 12 09:54:23 PST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Simmons" <scs at di.org>
To: "Scott Schultz" <scott at cjhunter.com>
Cc: "'Dragaera List'" <dragaera at dragaera.info>
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 8:56 AM
Subject: Vampire/Necromancer/Loraan speculation

> Was Subject: Re: Not a witch?
>
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 07:20:00AM -0800, Scott Schultz wrote:

snip
> The Necromancer is noted as being "undead", a word which most Dragaerans
> seems to use interchangably with "vampire."  But it is not unreasonable
> to suppose that her own skills could return her, or even make her
> 'undead' without the normal process of dying.  Perhaps this process is
> required to work in her area of expertise, and Sethra has been studying
> with her.  This might well explain Sethras condition without requiring
> her to have actually been killed, and the things she said to Vlad about
> dying and returning were simplifications (you know, lies) to avoid trying
> to explain the nearly inexplicable.  Nah, unlikely.
>
> The common man (ie, Vlad, etc) knows that the undead are vampires who
> are returned by the Gods for their own purposes.  Thus everyone who is
> undead (a vampire) must have been returned by the Gods.
snip
> --
> "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
>     -- Albert Einstein

I suspect that the Necromancer is only undead on Dragearea. She is summoned
by the LoJ to help out, and whips up a suitable "body" to host her awareness
while she is there. It makes sense if you include the "life and death are
engineering " quote.

Jeff
-can't make a host body, but has hosted parties of varying degrees of
awareness