Dragaera

the honing of Vlad (was Re: How much does Vlad *really* knowabout Kragar?)

Wed Jan 18 06:45:51 PST 2006

At 11:44 PM 1/17/2006 -0800, Davdi Silverrock wrote:
>On 1/17/06, Jon Lincicum <lincicum at comcast.net> wrote:
> > Is it a given that time travel is in any way involved?
>
>Since the distant past of Dragaera involves stuff from our present and
>future, and yet the tales of Dragaera are being related in our
>present, well, I nearly think time travel of *some* sort is indeed a
>given.

Hmmmm....  I'm not a fan of this theory, but one thought did occur to me
while reading it.  Why are we assuming that the tales that we're receiving
via the black box are contemporary.  Perhaps we have it backwards, maybe
the Dragaeran stories happened in the distant past and the black box
transmitted them forward to us (or stored them for untold amounts of time
until it was discovered).

The black box is the one thing that I wish hadn't appeared as it causes us
to try to make the series fit with our reality

"I think too much -- therefore I am mad!"
http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/